Such facilities that we hope will be on offer to our homeowners and their guests:
- • Olympic sized swimming pool, baby and toddler pool, Jacuzzis and Spas
- • Children’s park and play area
- • Amphitheatre providing day time and night time entertainment with lakeside backdrop
- • Free Wifi
- • Free secure parking
- • Bicycle Hire
- • Ping Pong table tennis
- • Pétanque / Boules Pitches
- • Crazy Golf, jumping pillows and water orbs
- • Canoe/Kayak/Pedalo/Water board hire
- • Fishing: we have some very large fish and are working to improve fishing
- • Walkways and bicycle paths throughout the resort
- • Beach Area
- • Hire Fleet
- • Camping, touring & Motor Homes all welcome
- • Open to Day Visitors
- • Motel-type Rooms by the Lake
- • Restaurant providing all year dining inside and outside on the outside terrace with lake views
- • Village shop providing those essential items you may have forgotten on your journey to us
- • Snack bar with lake side views and direct access via beach and pool areas, providing drinks or snacks to all our visitors.
- • Private gated areas
- • Enquiries and Sales office, Local Tourist Information and advice
As mentioned on ‘Our Vision’ page, the resort will be working closely with the local community to provide on-site and off-site activities.
Such activities we are keen to invest in and make available to you are:
- • French Classes
- • Wine tasting and visits
- • Local Artisanal exhibitions – a platform for their regional produce or product.
- • Art Classes
- • Yoga and Meditation
- • VTT Cycling in conjunction with local groups.
- • Horse riding in conjunction with local business.
- • Pottery Classes, again in conjunction with local artisans.
- • Dedicated vegetable plots helping children understand the importance of growing your own food.
- • With the use of our prestigious Amphitheatre, this will play host to some great music bands, plays and musicals, spectaculars and fun shows for all ages
- • Walks in and around the lake and in the surrounding countryside
The local environment in and around the Lake at Castelgaillard is highly important to us. In working closely with the local community and environment advisors, we are keen to re-establish the nature that was once enjoyed at the lake many years ago.
We are extremely dedicated to:
- • Work closely with Lyon University in their study and research of bats and hidden caves that are within the site.
- • Replant any trees that have to be felled in order to develop the site or those that are lost due to disease and age.
- • Re-instate a wonderful field of wild orchids that were once in abundance at the lake.
- • Working with the environmental agencies to ensure the safety and control of the natural dam within the lake.
- • The natural lagoons that have been created around the lake also need to be protected and enjoyed by generations to come.
Where to go
In collaboration with our community partners, there will be weekly bulletins of ‘What’s On’ in and around the area, whether that is local Night Markets and Fetes, VTT Cycling events (Tour de France is very popular here!); Horseriding, Wine Tasting and Chateau visits, City and Village Tours, Festivals, Brocantes etc, etc.
Our Community Matters…
Le Lac de Castelgaillard is committed to working within its local community of Saint Sernin and Duras. In order for us to be a successful holiday resort it is essential that the local community take our Holiday Resort to their hearts once more. We believe that employing local artisans and businesses to restore the Lake to its majestic glory, goes hand in hand with making the resort a lucrative business. The lake’s owners will always have the local community in mind when making any decisions so that local people benefit from the lake as much as people who are employed there. When the lake is running at its maximum capacity as a holiday resort, it will be necessary to employ around 50 local people during the summer months and around 35 during the quieter months.
“The owners of Le Lac de Castelgaillard are committed to provide employment to its local community. We will not only benefit from employing people who have local, valuable knowledge, but we will benefit from having local dedicated people on board, who have the same desire and passion to see the Lake and its holiday resort succeed.”
“We want our local community to be proud once more of Le Lac de Castailgaillard and it will be an honour for us if we can re-establish the lake to its former glory”.